We’ve not made much progress since Christmas, but we have done a few odds and ends.
We’ve been meaning to make a little shelter to sell our eggs from for ages, because otherwise people tend to wander into the garden and walk into Vicky’s office while she’s working.
So we used some left-over fibre roof tiles, some odds of batten, and a couple of chunks of joist, and created a snazzy little egghouse.
There’s enough room for an egg holder, some egg boxes, and a honesty jar.
£1.20 for half a dozen eggs, half the proceeds go to the British Hen Welfare Trust, which is where we go to rehome ex-battery chickens.
There’s been a gaping hole above the tunnel from the living room to the Rayburn Room for aaaaages.
We finally got around to building a frame and whacking some wood-wool panels up there ready for plastering—eventually.
The Rayburn has left the building…
We knew we wouldn’t be using the old oil-fired Rayburn anymore because we recently switched over to gas, rather than oil. It’s not worth converting it, so we’ll probably get an electric Aga when we do the new kitchen.
Joe advertised the Rayburn on Facebook, and a couple came to pick it up—and we got 150 beans for it. Winning!
Looking forward to turning the Rayburn Room into a library, and installing a woodburning stove in the fireplace.
Oh and a proper solid floor
And finally, having spent months wobbling around on bits of shaky plywood and OSB, and wondering if Joe would put his foot through the floor again, we decided to lay a proper subfloor.
We had a little help from Kenda and Mike to get started:
The rest of it looks like this only without the gaping holes:
And now the whole floor is screwed down and solid, and you can jump up and down on it and everything.